Sunday, March 8, 2009

I went to Massage school in Thailand! (thailand: jan 11-feb. 23)

my graduating class! notice John B. Funky in the front, and the only other human that's making a silly face is Anna. I wound up living with Anna for the last two weeks of my stay in Thailand. after massage school, John left to go to the thai islands Vietnam, and I stayed with Anna in chiang mai, who nourished me back to health with a free clean place to stay, feeding me raw food and sunshine. (i got a massive infection in my leg, for my mother's interpretation of my hole in the leg shitshow, go here:
http://letmebeblunt.blogspot.com/2009/02/parentingnot-for-faint-of-heart.html
My teacher is Dot Po, she's in pink.

It was the facilities at Sunshine Thai Massage school that made use choose this school out of the billion Thai Massage schools in Chiang Mai! I'm a sucker for natural lighting.



anyway, so now in india.... not good at blogging about current events...... too much to say about india now. will write more of that later.
i went to thailand with my friend john to study thai massage. we practiced thai massage on each other back in the USA-- he would learn from yoga mary who actually practices thai massage. then he would practice what he learned from mary, and i would practice back on him, pretty much every friday afternoon of my final year of university. now that i'm becoming indianized, it's weird to think that it's okay to massage men without any sexual risk or danger to myself. john's like family to me. my roadbike is currently living in his basement right now. anyway, he has been keeping a blog about his thailand experience. i'm not there anymore but you can see his blog here http://wingnutsinasia.wordpress.com/page/2/


we joked about how cool it would be to go to thailand to do that. circumstances arised where it could happen! after singapore then india, then back to singapore, grandma didn't need my help going back to the USA because aunt sheila went with her. i actually tried to change my ticket to stay in singapore longer, because i got approached to do modelling, and the opportunity to make a little quick money came up. i also met some nice Hare Krishna devotees in Singapore, after my brother left singapore. Grandma only needed my help traveling to and fro, and there's not much to do around aunt and uncle's house, so I spent a lot of time going to their temple and learning more about their philosophy, which actually satisfies my intellect and my heart. i don't think many people understand what they're all about. i'll talk more about that later. so anyway, i wound up not being able to change my ticket to thailand i bought already, so i flew to thailand. john and i met at the airport. after two weeks of flitzing around bangkok and chiang mait we finally entered massage school. i'll write about my adventures there later, i'm too lazy now. main point is that i'm pursuing massage to sustain myself. hahaa what a serious entry. really i dont take myself so seriously.
i really liked studying massage; i like practicing on people as well. i'm a giver. i feel more suited for healing arts than anything else really. i have my degree in environmental sciences, but jobs i could do with that are structured. people that know me well know i'm not good at showing up places on time. i want to keep freespiriting on my spiritual journey, here in india, so now i'm trying to support myself by practicing massage here in india. there's an ayurvedic masssage teacher in pune i'm going to visit and see what i can learn there.
everywhere i live and go i leave little shannon trails everywhere, forgetting things so i have no more pants to practice massage anymore. now i wear saris everyday. that's all for now. next entry: INDIA! =)

1 comment:

Eckart Wimmer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.