Tuesday, May 19, 2009

apparently i am not good at keeping a blog

im still in india
i can't believe it's been almost 5 months since i've been here
i'm (almost) tired of travelling
packing my bag going here and there
everyone needs to take a spiritual journey
the world is changing too much too fast
race race money money money go go no time to reflect why it matters anyway
why do anything
why do people want to be happy
everywhere i go, there i am, there i am still i am
i am
who is the i that is speaking
my body my hands my feet
who is this ME that is speaking
discovering this beautiful present moment despite the material disaster everywhere in india
i find stillness in the busiest streets of india
india has incredible energy despite the surroundings
the home of gods gurus and birthplace of religion
no other place has the history that india has
Holy Land
india's not an easy place to travel by yourself
crusts a thick tough layer on the shannyland amusement park
no smiling no responding to strangers, just stand tall and strong
keep walking keep moving go go hold onto my mobile home sitting my back
stone cold hot sun move forward
lusty mandogs' stares ripping through my sari-covered gangly foreigner body
not another dusty half naked child begging me for rupees
i look towards the ground swiftly keep move past the woman rainbow of saris carrying pots on their heads
i step over potholes garbage sleeping dogs and cow poop
why is there so much suffering in the world
the hot sun blazes the hairs off my skin
pumps all the water from inside to outside dripping
im used to being drenched in salted sweat
my heart slams against my outside crumbly wall
pieces of my heart drip out slowly between the cracks
i pray to (Krishna) the source of love to make His footprints in my dripping heart
may i be an instrument of divine love
a hole in the flute the creator plays
saving me from the biggest illusion
that who you are is your body
no longer do i feel crazy from being in the city environment
im back in the serene jungles of costa rica
gazing at the stars hanging high above
its in everyone
deep inside buried underneath the busy mind chatterbox
my souls river flows between the valleys of the Himalayas inside
singing the sweet tune of God's names
nothing makes me higher than chanting
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
there is an answer to end all suffering everywhere
dear humanity
i am your humble servant
for everyone's betterment
i beg you please
you are the eternal blissful spirit soul that lives in your temporary body temple
please try to understand
stop gratifying your senses
it's driving the world to destruction
no more intoxication no meat eating no illicit sex no gambling
and try to figure out what your relationship is with the higher intelligence that is acting
just because i have a cateract in my eye doesn't mean i should pluck out my eye
just because people misuse religion doesn't mean you should reject trying to understand god entirely
clean our minds
i wish i could tell everyone

1 comment:

Eckart Wimmer said...

Wise words come from God, when you recognize truth, you recognize were God has manifest His will, I can recognize truth in your words.
Thank you.